I interned twice at Google (Mountain View) in 2013 where I worked on feature selection methods. Early 2014 I interned at Facebook in London with their Security Infrastructure team. During Summer 2014 I interned at Google in New York with the Speech team where I worked on language modelling. Last Summer (2016), I interned at Apple in Cupertino.
For a detailled overview, check out my LinkedIn profile.
- Pyndri: a Python Interface to the Indri Search Engine. Christophe Van Gysel, Evangelos Kanoulas and Maarten de Rijke. To be demonstrated at ECIR 2017. April 2017. [code repository on Github]
- Learning Latent Vector Spaces for Product Search. Christophe Van Gysel, Maarten de Rijke and Evangelos Kanoulas. CIKM 2016. October 2016. [pdf on arxiv] [code] [slides]
- Lexical Query Modeling in Session Search. Christophe Van Gysel, Evangelos Kanoulas and Maarten de Rijke. ICTIR 2016. September 2016. [pdf on arxiv]
- Unsupervised, Efficient and Semantic Expertise Retrieval. Christophe Van Gysel, Maarten de Rijke and Marcel Worring. WWW 2016, April 2016. [pdf] [code] [slides]
- Semantic Entities. Christophe Van Gysel, Maarten de Rijke and Marcel Worring. Keynote at ESAIR 2015 (CIKM workshop), October 2015.
- Garbage Modeling for On-device Speech Recognition. Christophe Van Gysel, Leonid Velikovich, Ian McGraw and Françoise Beaufays. Interspeech 2015, September 2015. [pdf]
- Determining the Presence of Political Parties in Social Circles. Christophe Van Gysel, Bart Goethals and Maarten de Rijke. ICWSM 2015, May 2015. [pdf] [code]
In the past I was active as a web security enthousiast. I actively searched for and reported security vulnerabilities in web services. Most notably, I discovered security holes in services hosted by Facebook, Google, PayPal and Dropbox.
Since November 2014 I have been pursuing a PhD in Computer Science at the University of Amsterdam (The Netherlands). I obtained my MSc in Computer Science from the University of Antwerp (Belgium) in July 2014 with greatest distinction. In July 2012 I was awarded a BSc in Computer Science (great distinction) from the University of Antwerp (Belgium).
Contact: cvangysel [at] uva [.] nl